You are viewing an archived event from a previous year.
Culture Days will return September 22 – October 15, 2023.
Artist Trading Cards
In-personDrawing Painting Printmaking Visual arts
Date and time
Vernon Community Arts Centre
2704 Highway 6
Directions: Located at the entrance to Polson Park, right next to Okanagan Science Centre.
Offered in English.
Wheelchair accessible and has gender-neutral washrooms.
Artist trading cards are miniature works of art, similar to baseball cards, that are created, traded and collected around the world. The Arts Council of the North Okanagan invites artists of all abilities and artistic styles to create miniature works of art and bring them down to the Vernon Community Arts Centre where we will have a special trading wall available from Friday, September 24th to Saturday, October 23rd.
To wrap up Culture Days, we'll also be hosting a Trading Card Extravaganza on
Saturday, October 23rd between 2-4pm. We'll have all the supplies and materials you need to create your own mini artworks that you can trade with others.
1. The overall size of the trading card needs to be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches but the orientation of the card can go either way.
2. Cards can be created with any media, materials or techniques, but hand drawn and hand painted are typical. Mixed media can be used, but you generally want the art to be flat, so it could fit in a trading card sleeve, similar to those used by sport card or Pokeman card collectors.
3. Please sign and date the back.
4. If the work is created by a child, please note the age of the artist on the back.
5. Cards are always traded and never sold, and it is never ok to trade another artist's card
6. Put your best effort into the card. While it doesn't have to be a professional piece of art, you want it to be original and done to the best of your ability, just as you would expect to receive from other participating artists.
7. Have fun, and feel free to make multiple pieces and return to see the wall evolve over the month. Maybe you'll be lucky to pick up a card from one of your favourite local artists!
8. Use #vernonarts on your social media when you drop off and exchange works so we can have fun seeing what people are creating and collecting!
The Vernon Community Arts Centre is open Monday to Thursday, 9am-9pm and Fridays and Saturdays, 9am to 5pm.
- Arts Council of the North Okanagan acno.ca
- Vernon Community Arts Centre vernonarts.ca
Arts Council of the North Okanagan
The Arts Council of the North Okanagan is a registered charitable non-profit organization dedicated to enriching arts and culture in Greater Vernon. As an umbrella organization, we serve more than 30 diverse member groups and over 3000 individual and family members.
We promote and host hundreds of events throughout the year, provide opportunities for artists to show and sell their work, deliver arts education through the Vernon Community Arts Centre, and act as an ambassador on behalf of all community arts based initiatives.
“We believe that arts and culture are an essential component of community development”
This event is part of a hub:
Arts in ActionArts Council of the North Okanagan Vernon, BC
Get involved in Vernon's Arts and Culture scene! Participate in art workshops, attend demonstrations, explore art exhibits, exchange works of art, and make your mark on a community art project. Learn about Vernon's history and local cultu...