You are viewing an archived event from a previous year.
Culture Days will return September 20 – October 13, 2024.
STC | TD Niagara Jazz Festival | Virtual Workshop | Mardi Gras Masks
Date and time
This activity runs the duration of Culture Days.
St. Catharines Digital Activity
St. Catharines, ON
Directions: More information and registration (if applicable) can be found online at www.stcatharines.ca/culturedays.
Offered in English.
St.Catharines-based puppet and mask artist Alexa Fraser will guide viewers to create their own one-of-a-kind Mardi-Gras mask! Using inexpensive craft supplies, you can create a fabulous mask to help you celebrate Mardi Gras in style!
For this session you will need:
- Paper half mask (store bought or cut out of paper plate, bristol board or cardboard)
- Acrylic paint in your desired colours
- Paint brushes
- Dowel or chopstick for mask holder or thin elastic to fit around your head
- Hot glue or white glue
- Decorations for your mask (depending on the style you choose): Feathers, Glitter, Sequins/rhinestones, Braided or sequin trim, Paper or fabric flowers, Jewels, brooches or parts of broken jewelry, Ribbon
- Optional: white glue, Gloss Mod Podge or hairspray (for sealing glitter)
- Optional: small pieces of felt (for joining groups of feathers)
- Check out the entire St. Catharines Culture Days Lineup online stcatharines.ca
TD Niagara Jazz Festival
The TD Niagara Jazz Festival is a cutting edge celebration of all types of jazz, performed in intimate indoor and outdoor venues in the heart of Niagara’s stunning wine country. The TD Niagara Jazz Festival presents the finest Canadian and internationally-acclaimed jazz musicians by way of spectacular concerts, and free performances throughout Niagara.
More information can be found at: https://niagarajazzfestival.com/
This event is part of a hub:
The TD Niagara Jazz Festival gathers a selection of Livestream recordings of concerts presented during COVID, including artists from across the globe and right here at home in Niagara. The TD Niagara Jazz Festival is a cutting edge celebra...