You are viewing an archived event from a previous year.
Culture Days will return September 20 – October 13, 2024.
Interrupted Reverie - Canadian Identity Reimagined : Eleni Bakopoulos
Date and time
Guelph Civic Museum
52 Norfolk Street
Offered in English.
Wheelchair accessible and has gender-neutral washrooms.
Interrupted Reverie is a recent and ongoing series of paintings by Guelph-based artist, Eleni Bakopoulos, that explore the works of Canadian artists that formed the Group of Seven. Within their beautiful but barren landscapes she envisions Hellenistic sculpture, vulnerability, truth, history, and hope. Her work addresses the truth behind Canadian Identity.
Join the artist for a rare opportunity to hear her speak about these paintings and her re-imagining the iconic Group of Seven works.
The event is free of charge, but registration is required as spaces are limited.
In person at the Guelph Civic Museum.
This event will be livestreamed for those wishing to tune in on-line.
- Register Now eventbrite.ca
City of Guelph Museums & Culture
Guelph Museums and Culture exists to:
* Collect and protect artifacts, artworks and stories that reflect our community
* Share the collections and stories − locally, nationally and internationally − through exhibition, interpretation, and online access
* Provide inclusive, accessible, interactive, and enlightening experiences
* Nurture interest and engagement in history, art and culture
* Cultivate a connection to place, with focus on the tangible and intangible cultural landscape unique to Guelph
Guelph Museums and Culture is pleased to commission this activation for Culture Days in support of our local artists and in service of our local community and beyond.
In Guelph we’re grounded in community and our deep connection to the environment. We look out for one another, celebrate our diversity and smile at each other in the streets. We are leaders who shape tomorrow. We tackle local and global challenges through innovation, art and action. And we’re committed to inclusive prosperity – because together, we’re stronger.
This event is part of a hub:
Where art meets heritage meets a passion for the natural environment, That's So Guelph! Our creative community embodies values that define Guelph - curiosity, compassion, innovation, collaboration, diversity, environmentalism, and activism....