You are viewing an archived event from a previous year.
Culture Days will return September 20 – October 13, 2024.
Introduction to Bhangra - A Community Workshop
Date and time
1 Carden St
Offered in English.
G9 Bhangra Academy offers an introduction to the Punjabi folk dance, Bhangra. The event starts with demonstrations by their dancers, followed by a fun workshop teaching basic Bhangra moves to the community, culminating in a joyful community performance.
City of Guelph Museums & Culture
Guelph Museums and Culture exists to:
* Collect and protect artifacts, artworks and stories that reflect our community
* Share the collections and stories − locally, nationally and internationally − through exhibition, interpretation, and online access
* Provide inclusive, accessible, interactive, and enlightening experiences
* Nurture interest and engagement in history, art and culture
* Cultivate a connection to place, with focus on the tangible and intangible cultural landscape unique to Guelph
Guelph Museums and Culture is pleased to commission this activation for Culture Days in support of our local artists and in service of our local community and beyond.
In Guelph we’re grounded in community and our deep connection to the environment. We look out for one another, celebrate our diversity and smile at each other in the streets. We are leaders who shape tomorrow. We tackle local and global challenges through innovation, art and action. And we’re committed to inclusive prosperity – because together, we’re stronger.
This event is part of a hub:
Where art meets heritage meets a passion for the natural environment, That's So Guelph! Our creative community embodies values that define Guelph - curiosity, compassion, innovation, collaboration, diversity, environmentalism, and activism....