You are viewing an archived event from a previous year.
Culture Days will return September 20 – October 13, 2024.
Pop-Up Art Shows
In-personDrawing History & heritage Museum Visual arts Painting Pottery & ceramics
Date and time
This activity runs the duration of Culture Days.
Steveston Museum and Post Office
3811 Moncton Street
Offered in English.
Wheelchair accessible and has gender-neutral washrooms.
This event is drop-in
The Steveston Historical Society is pleased to present their ongoing series of Pop-Up Art shows located in the Steveston Museum and Post Office. Artists change monthly so if you haven't had a chance to stop by, Culture Days is the perfect opportunity to support local artists.
Featured artists for September:
- John Beatty, meninhats.art/artist/john-beatty
- The Wednesday Studio
Featured artists for October:
- Potter, Marsha Hoggan, www.instagram.com/marshalynnpottery
- Denise & Jeremy Nichol, nicholproductions.com
Special Artist Demo:
Drop-in anytime on Saturday October 14th between 1:00pm to 3:00pm for artist demos.
- Denise Nichol will demonstrate and discuss the process and creation of her beach glass art and what inspires her other work.
- Jeremy Nichol will show several different types of painting mediums and different brands of oil paints and their qualities.
A percent of all artist sales goes towards the Steveston Historical Society and supports our community programming.
- Our website historicsteveston.ca
Steveston Historical Society
The Steveston Historical Society (SHS) has been in place since 1976. Our mandate is to preserve and promote the heritage and history of Steveston. The SHS is a non-profit organization that operates the Steveston Village Post Office located within the Steveston Museum. In addition, the SHS hosts seasonal events and Pop-Up Art Shows. All proceeds go back into future community events which help to uphold our mandate.