You are viewing an archived event from a previous year.
Culture Days will return September 22 – October 15, 2023.
48-Hour Filmmaking Challenge Launch
In-personFilm & video Library Self-guided Storytelling Visual arts
Date and time
RPL Film Theatre
2311 12th Avenue
Offered in English.
Compete in teams to create the best film with a 48-hour deadline and win a fabulous prize! The 48-Hour Filmmaking Challenge will be launched on the RPL website on Friday, October 7 at 4:00 pm.
Online Challenge Launch Time: Friday, October 7 4:00 PM
Films Due: Sunday, October 9, 6:00 PM
In-Person Screening and Awards Event: October 20, 7:00 PM, RPL Film Theatre
Return to this listing at 4:00 pm on Friday, Oct 7 to find out the requirements for your film submission including a line of dialogue, a prop, and a sound—that must be included in your short film. When the 48 hours are up, teams must submit their completed short films on the FilmFreeway website to qualify for the Screening Event. Everyone is welcome to come to the screening and awards.
Line, Prop, and Sound requirements will be shared on the RPL website on October 7th at 4:00 PM.Register to receive the film upload link to FilmFreeway. Having trouble uploading your film to FilmFreeway? Contact Eric Hill at [email protected] or 306-777-6042.
• One team member must register to receive the film upload link.
• This event is open to people of any age.
• Teams must live in Regina to be eligible for a prize.
• Films must be completed within the 48 hours by Sunday, August 15, 6:00 PM and submitted on the website FilmFreeway (submitters must set up an account).
• Films must be 4 – 5 minutes long. Shorter or longer films will be disqualified.
• Films must be PG-appropriate and must not contain nudity, sexual/violent scenes, offensive language, or be discriminatory in any way.
• One film submission per team.
• Plan enough time to upload your film onto FilmFreeway.
• Dunlop Art Gallery reserves the right to select submitted films for the Screening Event.
• Any team that enters the contest agrees to have their films published on Dunlop Art Gallery’s YouTube account.
• Participants whose films have been selected for the Screening Event will be asked to approve to have films downloaded on FilmFreeway for the Screening Event.
- Learn More reginalibrary.ca
RPL Film Theatre
RPL Film Theatre is dedicated to showing artistic, experimental, and popular film. For art news and exhibitions, follow our sister account @dunlopartgallery
We acknowledge the support of the Saskatchewan Arts Board and funding partners SaskCulture and Saskatchewan Lotteries, whose contributions help the arts thrive in this province.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts.