You are viewing an archived event from a previous year.
Culture Days will return September 20 – October 13, 2024.
The 9th Canada Multicultural Creative Festival and the 18th Giving Heart Community Feast 2023
In-personCulinary & food Film & video Intercultural Performance Storytelling Writing & literature
Date and time
(Event tickets with details will be provided upon registration confirmation)
Offered in English.
Wheelchair accessible, has gender-neutral washrooms, and is a relaxed performance.
In celebration of Culture Days for Community Contribution and Cultural Diversity, with the generous support from BC Government and City of Burnaby, here WS Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society sincerely invite you for our annual Culture Days event: the 9th Canada Multicultural Creative Festival and the 18th Giving Heart Community Feast 2023.
Time: Friday, Oct 13, 2023
Venue: (Event tickets with details will be provided upon registration confirmation)
Seats are limited, reserve yours at your earliest convenience:
778 863 5828
Through these events, we will try to connect people and communities, we will select the most inspiring stories to share with more people, to appreciate the important role that arts and culture play in strengthening communities, the well-being of individuals, and the vitality of our social fabric.
This event is free to public, cross-cultural learning and understanding groups and individuals, elders and youth, families and kids, military and veterans, immigrants and refugees, Indigenous, people with disabilities, poets and writers, artists and entrepreneurs, or those who are passionate about sharing and connecting with each other are all welcome.
Throughout the year, Culture Days will be presenting learning opportunities for the network and talking about a wide range of timely topics, including: partnerships, inclusive engagement, youth empowerment, sustainable futures and more. And these events will be a good opportunity to:
1. Connect people with a wide range of interests, backgrounds and experiences;
2. Increase Sense of belonging and responsibility to our communities;
3. Promote multiculturalism, better understanding for groups and individuals with variation in race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, language, religion, geographical area and more;
4. Share knowledge and develop grassroots creativity and leadership skills;
5. Celebrate diversity, the various cultures, traditions, heritages, and customs of Canada and the world;
6. Appreciate, respect and embrace cultural diversity, foster harmony and promote sustainable development, and build bridges for a Harmonious World;
7. Appreciate the community cultural contributors and volunteers who are delegated in community capacity building.
Community gathering, award presenting, delicious food, cultural performances... Be there or be square!
Please note: WS Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society reserves the right to use the submitted creative writings, photos and videos for publication purpose; and reserves the right to edit them to match the theme. The copyrights of the original creative works are still belonging to the authors, writers, video makers and translators if applicable.
WS Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society (WSIMS)
WS Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society (WSIMS) is a non-profit organization and a volunteer-based group. Over the past 10 years it has been providing immigrant and refugee settlement services including language and computer training, and intercultural services including planning, organizing and hosting hundreds and thousands cross-cultural events, workshops, seminars, conferences, book launches, Discover World Culture series and more to create awareness, understanding and appreciation of multiculturalism, to build happier families, healthier communities and to foster intercultural harmony.