Barrie will have a full list of events for Culture Days at barrie.ca/Culture/Festivals/Pages/CultureDays.aspx
Various free art and family activities will take place at Meridian Place and across Dunlop Street
Dunlop Street will be closed to vehicles and open to pedestrians and bicyclers! (Image courtesy of DWNTWN)
Local arts and culture organizations come out to engage with the community and provide activities.
Barrie's Culture Days Kick-off
In-personIntercultural Interdisciplinary Visual arts Kids Youth & teens
Date and time
Meridian Place, downtown Barrie
87 Dunlop Street East
Directions: *Please note that Dunlop Street will be closed to vehicles. Drivers can park on a neighbouring streets or in waterfront parking lots.
Offered in English.
Nearby parking. Seating available. Pedestrian friendly.
Join us Downtown Barrie for an action-packed kick-off for Culture Days, with FREE activities and entertainment like:
- Kick-off Concert: at Meridian Place (87 Dunlop Street East)
- Brightening Barriers Guided Walking Tour: Starting at Meridian Place, tour the original art works installed across downtown patio fencing by local and regional artists. Gain unique insight from the City's Public Art Coordinator and enjoy a walk and talk with other art-minded folks!
- Open Air Dunlop: Dunlop Street will be closed to vehicles so pedestrians and bicyclers can roam freely to enjoy the streetscape, shopping, live music, patios, and various art and family activities.
- Barrie Farmer's Market: from 9am to 1pm, at City Hall (70 Collier Street), enjoy free music, family-friendly activities, and shop unique products and delicious seasonal offerings.
- Barrie's Webpage for Culture Days barrie.ca
City of Barrie
The City of Barrie develops, promotes, and implements innovative events and programs to support a creative community.