Outreach and Program Assistant: Job Description
Contract term: July 15 to August 30, 2019
Starting the last Friday of each September, Ontario Culture Days is celebrated in communities large and small across the province. With a focus on accessibility and inclusion, we promote direct interaction between creators and the public.
In 2018, Ontario Culture Days supported over 1,700 registered events in 160+ communities across Ontario, with nearly one million Ontarians taking part in activities over the weekend—all made possible thanks to thousands of artists, organizers, and volunteers.
The Outreach and Program Assistant will play an integral role in increasing the impact of the 2019 Culture Days campaign across Ontario by supporting local artists, arts and culture groups, and organizations to plan Culture Days activities and celebrations at the community level.
The Outreach and Program Assistant will:
- Maintain a relationship with Organizers throughout Ontario, providing direction, resources, and troubleshooting for upcoming Culture Days weekend
- Develop program copy and supporting digital content for the website
- Coordination of the production and distribution of marketing collateral to Ontario feature sites and events
- Support on social media and other communications materials including the development of social media posts
- Support the community outreach and program production related to 10th anniversary programming and the 2019 Culture Days weekend
- General Administration as required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience working at an arts and culture organisation and/or within the arts sector
- Completing or has completed a postsecondary education in fine arts, museum studies, arts management, marketing and communications, or another similar field
- Driver’s License
- Ability to Travel within the GTA
- Experience with website content management systems
- Meets the eligibility requirements Canada Summer Jobs 2019:be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Wage: $18/hr, 36 hours a week Contract Dates: July 15, 2019 - August 30, 2019 Reports to: Outreach and Programs Manager Additional info: Some remote work included
To apply: Email a one page cover letter as well as resume to email@example.com by end of day Wednesday, July 3, 2019.