Checklist for Activity Organizers
Here is an easy checklist to help you plan and make the most of your experience as a Culture Days Activity Organizer.
Leading up to Culture Days...
PLAN & REGISTER
January - June
Plan Your Event:
- Confirm the details including venue, date and time.
- Verify that your activity will take place during the designated Culture Days weekend.
- Ensure that your activity will be free, open to the public and involve an element of interaction or participation.
- Create a Cultural Hub or Corridor by connecting with other artsits and cultural groups in your area!
Register Your Activity at culturedays.ca
- Finalize the activity description, including space, time and date.
- Include a compelling photo.
- Ensure the Google Map location is correct so your activity shows up under searches in your area.
Start Spreading the Word Using:
Pro-Tip: Registering early allows you to take advantage of built-in social marketing tools, helps your community be eligible to receive swag and ensures that the public can locate your activity through the "find activities near me" search!
- Share resources and cross-promote your fellow activity organizers to reach new audiences.
- Use the Bright Spots Schedule, presented by Sun Life Financial, to create a printable and shareable PDF brochure of all the activities taking place at your hub or community.
- Launch your local marketing initiatives.
- Continue building up your media strategy with the DIY Guide to Public Relations.
- Promote your activity on social media regularly.
The Final Countdown
- Pick-up Culture Days swag at the nearest pick-up location (consult with your Culture Days provincial representative for details).
- Hang posters, issue news release, email your clients/members/friends, share your activity on Facebook and Twitter!
- Create a welcoming, inviting space.
- Make sure your activity is easy to find by using the Bright Spots venue identifiers presented by Sun Life Financial and other Culture Days marketing materials.
- Track attendance, collect comments and contact information, and take photos! Share your favourite moments and pictures with us by linking to our social media accounts:
After Culture Days
- Complete the Culture Days Organizer Survey. You will be invited to report on your Culture Days experience via an online survey shortly after the event. Have your say! Your feedback is key to ensuring that the movement grows and improves year after year.
- Email us your favourites by sending your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the credit line and photo description in your email.
- Strategize for next year - sometimes the best time to plan for next year is right after the weekend!