Official Contest Rules - Sun Life Financial presents “Play #OnBeat” Contest”
Sun Life Financial presents “Play #OnBeat” Contest” (the “Contest”) is intended for Canadian residents only and is governed by Canadian law. Please do not enter the Contest if you are not a legal resident of Canada located in Canada at time of entry. The Contest is sponsored by Culture Days (the “Sponsor”).
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest commences at 12:00:01 PM (EDT) on August 3, 2018 and will end at 11:59:59 PM (EDT) on October 5, 2018 (the "Contest Period”). The sole determinant of time for the purposes of this Contest, including receipt of a valid entry, will be the Contest computer servers (“Contest computers”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win a Prize a person must be, at the time of entry and if applicable awarding of a Prize: (a) an individual legal resident of Canada, (b) located in Canada, and (c) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members and members of the same household of such persons, including common law spouses) of the Sponsor, its funders, partners, and provincial representatives, Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada and their affiliated companies in Canada (collectively “Sun Life Financial”), Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (referred as “CBC”), Cineplex Entertainment LP, their affiliated companies or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, prize suppliers and the independent contest organization (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. For these Official Rules, "immediate family" means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter or spouse, including common law spouse, regardless of where they reside. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot participate.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Although online access is required in order to participate in the Contest, no purchase is required. Many public libraries, Internet cafés, retail businesses and others offer access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
a. Visit .
b. Step 1: To submit an entry, entrants are required to watch a short video by selecting one (1) of the five (5) musical instruments on the landing page that are either “moving back and forth and/or wiggling and/or have a pulse animation”. For clarity the instruments that are linked to a video are: (i) Blue Drum; (ii) Yellow drum; (iii) Brown Microphone; (iv) Brown Pow Pow drum with sticks; and (v) Yellow Fan “each individually referred as a Musical Instrument”. Each Musical Instrument is linked to a different themed video.
c. Step 2: Watch the selected video and once the video has concluded, select the “Proceed to the quiz” button. Read the question and select the correct answer to the question and click the “Continue” button. Note if your answer is incorrect the Contest computers will provide an on-screen message advising you that your answer is incorrect and to try again. This process will be repeated until such time as you have selected the correct answer.
d. Step 3: Upon receipt of the correct answer a new webpage will be provided. Complete the on-line entry form with first and last name, postal code, daytime telephone number including area code, year of birth, e-mail address. Tick the box to confirm that you have read and agree to abide by the Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). OPTIONAL: Indicate if you would like to start receiving e-mail updates, and communications from the Sponsor (IMPORTANT NOTE: It is not necessary to opt-in to receive communications from the Sponsor, and you can opt-out of receiving communications from the Sponsor at any time without impacting your chances of winning in this Contest); and select “Submit”;
e. Upon receipt of your entry, you will receive a “Thank you for your entry” message. Herein defined as an Entry (an “Entry”).
f. Step 4: If you would like to enter again and earn another entry, click “choose another video” button or navigate back to the Contest home page: () and repeat Steps 1 to 3. This process can be repeated until such time as an entrant has earned five (5) entries (the maximum number of entries a person may receive during the Contest Period).
g. Notes for returning visitors: If by chance you selected and watched a video that you have previously viewed including answering the question the Contest computers will advise only after you have completed the online entry form that you have already watched this video and will not be receiving an entry. To earn another entry you must watch one (1) of the remaining videos that you have not previously viewed. If you have watched all five (5) videos the Contest computers will advise that you have reached the maximum number of entries permitted by an entrant during the Contest Period.
4. ENTRY LIMITS: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per video for a maximum of five (5) entries per person during the Contest Period. For clarity a person may only be awarded one (1) Entry for each defined Musical Instrument which is linked to a unique video. An entrant can only use one (1) e-mail address to participate in this Contest even if it is shared by more than one person and all personal information provided must be truthful and accurate and in no way misleading. Entries must be submitted by the entrant and not by any other person on behalf of an entrant. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) Entry per available video; (ii) submit more than the five (5) Entries available during the Contest Period; (iii) entered information that has been falsified, manipulated or otherwise altered in any way; and/or (iv) use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple e-mail addresses, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and/or spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry Form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The Sponsor, Contest Parties, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries and/or other information (all of which is void).
5. VERIFICATION: All Entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification of the entrant and any or all his/her Entries in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Proof of transmission (post-marks, screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of a submission or of attempted submission of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by the Contest computers or Sponsor.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: A total of thirteen (13) prizes (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) are available to be won with one (1) Grand Prize and twelve (12) Secondary Prizes.
a. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize is available to be won and consists of a $1,500.00 CDN travel voucher as selected by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $1,500.00 CDN. The travel voucher is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. If a purchase exceeds the value of the travel voucher, the winner will be responsible for any amount due which is over the value of the travel voucher (or the available balance at the time of purchase) (including applicable taxes). If any purchase does not exceed the travel voucher value, the remaining available balance will not be paid in cash to the winner but will remain on the travel voucher.
b. Secondary Prizes: A total of twelve (12) Secondary Prizes are available to be won. Each Secondary Prize consists of two (2) Cineplex® Cinemas “Admit One” movie passes. Approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is $25.98 CDN. Each Cineplex® movie pass provides the winner or his/her guest with general admission to one (1) movie. Cineplex® Movie passes are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the issuer of the movie passes. The winner and his/her guest are responsible for their own transportation to and from the selected Cineplex® Cinemas location and any other expenses incurred while at the movie. The Cineplex® “movie passes will expire on December 31, 2020.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize or a component thereof with an item or items of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person whose verifiable full name and valid e-mail address appears on the Entry Form associated with the Entry in question. By accepting the applicable Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if his/her applicable Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. It is anticipated that each applicable Prize will be sent to the confirmed winner’s address as indicated on his/her Release Form within thirty (30) days of receipt of the Sponsor’s declaration and release form and confirmation of the eligible winner as a winner in accordance with these Rules. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per household.
None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of a Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should his/her applicable Prize or any portion thereof fails to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting the applicable Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties if his/her applicable Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
7. WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF WINNING: A random draw will be held in Grimsby, ON at approximately 3:00 p.m. EDT on October 19, 2018 (the “Draw Date”). Thirteen (13) eligible entrants will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries that were submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The first eligible entrant selected will be the eligible Grand Prize winner and the remaining twelve (12) eligible entrants will each be eligible for a Secondary Prize. The odds of winning any Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules.
8. ELIGIBLE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION PROCEDURES: The Sponsor or its designated representative will attempt to contact each eligible winner by e-mail (using the information provided on the Entry Form) within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. The Released Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact an eligible winner. If any eligible winner cannot be contacted as outlined above, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS HIM/HER AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. BEFORE BEING DECLARED AS A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each eligible winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by e-mail or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability and publicity Release Form); and (b) print, sign and return by email or fax the Sponsor’s Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability and publicity Release Form (“Contest documents”), within the indicated time period specified on the Contest document, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) acknowledges that the applicable Prize cannot be substituted or transferred and has no cash surrender value; (iv) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; (v) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, city/province/territory, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet (including, but not limited to, any social media platforms). If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
· All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
· The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website and/or any platform(s); (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry and/or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
· In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question.
· The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
· The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Entry and/or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
· In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, Website, French version of these Rules, point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor; the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
· To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.
10. QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.