Join us on March 17 and March 24 from 11am to 2pm ET for Tweet Chats - a new experiment for communicating with the Culture Days network!
There are now over 1,300 wonderful people following Culture Days on Twitter. It's fascinating to browse through the list of people linked to Culture Days through this popular online social networking tool - it's growing into a veritable "who's who" of the Canadian arts and culture sector, plus some amazing champions who work in tourism, business and media. It's also exciting to see members of the general public joining Culture Days on Twitter as a way of expressing their support, interest, and enthusiasm for the Culture Days movement and for arts and culture in Canada.
Twitter has been a great way for Culture Days to connect with conversations about arts and culture across the country and get the word out about Culture Days stories and activities. Your replies, re-tweets and direct messages (DMs) are always so appreciated. And now we're excited to be introducing a new activity for Culture Days on Twitter - Tweet Chats!
Here's how it will work:
- To participate, you'll need a Twitter account. If you don't already have one, visit Twitter.com and sign up! Read this article on "Twitter 101" and watch this short video "Twitter in Plain English", if you need some tips to help you feel more comfortable diving into the Twitter-verse. Be sure to follow and say “hello” to Culture Days (@culturedays) once you've started tweeting - we promise to tweet back!
- Join the first Culture Days Tweet Chat. We'll host our inaugural Tweet Chats on March 17 and March 24 between 11am ET and 2pm ET. If they start to catch on, we'll post a schedule of upcoming chats on the Culture Days blog, in the newsletter and on Facebook and, of course, via Twitter.
- Say hello, ask a question or share ideas using the Culture Days hashtag (#culturedays). During the tweet chat, Culture Days representatives and participants will monitor tweets tagged with the #culturedays hashtag, respond to questions and share in the conversation. If you want to follow along with the conversation, visit TweetChat.com and enter culturedays into the search box to view real time results and interact with other Culture Days Tweet Chat participants.
- Tweet Chat transcripts will be posted on the Culture Days blog for future reference. In case you miss part of the conversation or want to share it with others, Culture Days will post a transcript (written record) of all the questions and conversation online during the Culture Days Tweet Chats.
- Feel free to suggest topics! We anticipate that the first couple of Tweet Chats will focus mainly on general questions about Culture Days and how to use the online system to pre-register activities. If you'd like to see a Tweet Chat that focuses on a specific topic, please suggest it via Twitter or by sending an email to info[at]culturedays[dot]ca.
Please join us on March 17 and March 24 for the first Culture Days Tweet Chats. To participate in the Tweet Chats, simply tag your tweets with the #culturedays hashtag anytime between 11am ET to 2pm ET. We'll do our best to say hello and answer your questions right away and with some luck, we'll have a fun conversation, answer lots of FAQs and get to know each other better!
Tweet Chat Transcripts:
- Share This