Manitoba call for participation - coming soon!
Under the leadership of Provincial Task Force Chair Jean Giguère and Manitoba Task Force members, Culture Days Manitoba continues to surge forward with exciting updates. A few highlights:
- Culture Days Manitoba will take place September 24 – 26, 2010.
- The first edition of Nuit Blanche Winnipeg will be launched on the Saturday of Culture Days 2010.
- A project manager is in place to support the many groups that have joined the provincial movement.
- The Task Force continues to work hard to engage colleagues within the cultural sector and outside of it. An example: Task Force member Crystal Kolt, Cultural Coordinator at the Flin Flon Arts Council was invited to speak at a luncheon hosted by the Norman Regional Health Authority. Topic: Culture Days Manitoba. The local media were on hand to take notes on the great activities being planned for Culture Days Manitoba in the Flin Flon-Creighton area (which spans across both the Manitoba and Saskatchewan provinces), including theatre and visual arts showcases, music concerts, Busking Bonanza, Museum Musts, Panning for Gold, seniors’ and youth activities, Metal Madness, Pottery Classes, Aboriginal Art and Customs, Amazing Race-Heritage, Hip Hop Dancing, and Multicultural Flavours.
- To mark Culture Days, Winnipeg Canadian Cultural Capital (WCCC) 2010 will launch "City Stories," a program that will entertain and engage the diverse and wide spread population of Winnipeg. By creating a mobile story exchange centre to travel the length and breadth of the city, the City Stories team will encourage citizens to interact with performance artists in the creative process of storytelling. In keeping with the WCCC 2010 vision of Arts for All, the project will involve creative participation from across the cultural spectrum.
- Manitoba Task Force members, Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra, Manitoba Homecoming 2010, and WCCC 2010 kicked off the cultural year with a sold-out concert featuring Manitoba artists. The event was dubbed a “two-hour mini Culture Days.”
- Share This